Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Baby Shower in a Bag

Yesterday morning Caleb woke up early, so after I got him back to bed at 5:30am I decided to start my day early as well. So, I ate breakfast, showered, started on cleaning, etc. Caleb had just woke up when my phone rang.

Ring, ring, ring.

Anyway, it was Caleb's Aunt Laurel (his Grandpa's sister from Alberta) she was in the area and was hoping to be able to stop by at noon. I was so glad I had showered and got dressed already because Caleb decided to only take one 15 minute cat-nap before she and her husband came. :)

When they got here they had this HUGE gift bag with presents from Caleb's Aunts and Uncles in Canada. I guess they have this tradition of a Baby Shower in a Box/Bag. Since we live so far away they brought a Baby Shower to us.

Caleb is so spoiled, but we are definitely grateful for such a thoughtful family.

ps: We picked up a baby carrier today. It's kind of like a bag pack you can wear to carry your baby in front of you. We figured since our little boy likes to be held so much in the day time that maybe this might help his Mom have two hands a little more often.
-But on the positive side we read that babies that are well attended to in the first 6 months are less needy, and also more emotionally secure later on in life. So, I guess we will enjoy holding our little boy while he is small (we are guessing that he's close to the 11 lb. mark now).
-The picture above was taken today. Aaron has been holding him and letting him sleep by him all day. It's funny because Caleb sleeps really well at night time. I think he just wants to be near us. :)

1 comment:

MissouriMormonMama said...

Yeah for visits and gifts! Speaking of, I owe you both ( : What good timing, as far as waking up early, that is absolutely providential. And enjoy the baby carrier, they really are life savers! Babies absolutely cannot be spoiled before 6 months, enjoy the snuggles while you can. By the way, even though he enjoys being held, it is awesome that he's a good night sleeper. I'm totally jealous because it must have been close to a year before Christopher slept well at night! Awesome.